Image Map

Friday, June 13, 2014

I've Got a Pocket Full of Sunshine [Award!]





My first REAL LIFE NOMINATION! YAY! Thank you so much to the lovely Amanda over at one of my favorite blogs Peaches in Missouri for the nomination! While on my blogging hiatus, Amanda was one of a few bloggers still on my instagram and its been so much fun watching both of us grow as bloggers!

ANYWAYS lets get to the good stuff! So, here are the rules:
1. Post 11 random facts about yourself
2. Answer 11 questions from the blogger that nominated you
3. Nominate 11 bloggers to receive the award
4. Write your own 11 questions for those bloggers
5. Notify them of their award


Easy enough, right?! And lots of fun!

11 Random Facts About Me:
1. I am obsessed with Harry Potter.
2. I Netflix binge like its my job. (Currently watch Grey's Anatomy. HOW DID I NOT WATCH THIS BEFORE?!?!)
3. I still have my baby blanket.
4. I want to be a camp counselor forever.
5. I hate painting my toes.
6. I'm terrified of birds.
7. I compulsively buy hair products.
8. Tan lines are my favorite part of summer.
9. I am the biggest procrastinator in the world.
10. I LOVE people watching.
11. I got my own business cards. I feel old.

Amanda's Questions:
1. Why did you start blogging?
I started blogging because my dear friend Kailagh started blogging and she absolutely loved it and I decided I wanted in on this super secret society of awesome people.

2. What's your most favorite post you've ever written?
Oh goodness this is a hard one. (I had to look at my archive for this one.) I have two, is that cheating? The first one would be my post about Tinder. Because, well, we all have our opinions about tinder, and I shared mine. My other favorite one is one of the very first blog posts I ever wrote, so it is very dear to my heart and not seen by very many. It's also on a topic very near and dear to my heart, sex. And society and being a woman.  
 
3. Name three places you think everyone should visit if they get the chance.
Lake Superior. Why? Its the largest freshwater lake in the world (by surface area), its the most beautiful place in the whole wide world and I love it.
Boundary Waters Canoe Area Wilderness. Why? It's awesome and beautiful and naturey and one the most beautiful places in the whole wide world and I love it.
Cody, WY. Why? Because its one of my favorite towns in the whole wide world. Do you like mountains, cowboys (real cowboys with large belt buckles), good beer and good food? go to Cody.
 
4. If you are married (If you aren't married would you) did you write your own vows or stick with traditional ones? 
I'm not married, but I would like to write my own vows. I think that traditional ones are good, but its your wedding and your commitment. I think vows mean a lot more when they are your words and what you personally truly vow and commit to instead of what the Bible commits for you.
 
5. What is your go-to recipe/meal for dinner?
Baked chicken with asparagus and mashed potatoes. Its easy, delicious, kicks ass, and is great with beer or wine.
 
6. What is the most random piece or art, decorative item, or piece of furniture you have in your home?
I am crashing at my parents as of currently between school, camp, and finding a job, but right now, something that I had up at school was a piece of wood that I broke. During staff training at camp, we learn how to break a block of wood in half with our hands. Before we broke the wood, we wrote on it what we wanted to break through. On mine I wrote trust, opening up, self assurance, self confidence and love. So now, I have two halves of a piece of wood and I keep it on my desk wherever I am as a reminder.
 
7. How many children do you have/want? Why?
I want a huge family. Well not like the Duggers huge, but I'm thinking 3-6. I'm an only child (more or less) and as nice as it is, I wish I had siblings more than anything in the world. I also just really love children.
 
8. What movie could you watch every day without getting tired of it?
There's a few: Frozen, Pitch Perfect, Bridesmaids, Miracle and How to Train Your Dragon.
 
9. Look around the room you are in now, how many picture frames and/or art pieces are in it? (I have 21 in my living room alone!)
I'm in my childhood bedroom that hasn't been redecorated since I was probably 15 so if we are going to include magazine posters I have 45 art pieces, which also includes some of my own photography!
 
10. What is your favorite workout routine?
I enjoy running intervals. Or doing any sort of circuit with weights. I get bored just doing one thing, so intervals and circuits keep me engaged.
 
11. How do you stay motivated to workout and eat healthy?
I don't really know if I do... I get motivated for a few weeks and then get distracted and completely fall off the bandwagon. But when I'm starting I think just reminding yourself how great it feels. I love sweating and being sore and the energy rush you get from a fresh smoothie. 

My Nominations:
Kailagh @ Kailagh Anne
Rachel @ Sweet Onions and Pickled Beets
Samantha @ Samantha Skye
Amanda @ Voyage of the MeeMee
Allie @ Allieology
Ady @ When in Doubt, Just add Glitter
Rachael @ Love You. Miss You. Have A Nice Day.

I absolutely love reading all of these girls' blogs and if you haven't started following their blogs, you probably should, because they are awesome! Well here it is, my 11 questions for these ladies:

1. What is your dream job and location?
2. If you were a wizard what school would you go to? (If you choose Hogwarts, what house?) And why?
3. What's your go-to hair style?
4. What is the worst job you ever had?
5. If there was a movie made about your life what genre would it be and who would play you?
6. What is your comfort food?
7. What is your favorite type of shoe?
8. What song could you listen to on repeat for extended periods of time?
9. Have you ever had a successful Pinterest attempt?
10. Do you have a bucket list? what's on it?
11. What is your favorite topic to blog about and why?

Thanks for hanging out with me and happy blogging :)

 photo signature-1.png

3 comments:

  1. I am loving all of your answers to my questions! Especially #6! That is so cool!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Grey's is so good!!! You need to get caught up. And thanks so much for nominating me! :) You're the best!

    ReplyDelete