Image Map

Saturday, August 16, 2014

so kiss me and smile for me

As this weekend comes to a close, there is one song that comes to mind (minus the countless camp songs running through my head)

So kiss me and smile for me
Tell me that you'll wait for me
Hold me like you'll never let me go
Cause I'm leaving on a jet plane
Don't know when I'll be back again
Oh babe, I hate to go

If you have read any posts from this summer, you know how much I really and truly do love camp, but this year felt different in terms of leaving. Last summer, I shed tears for my friends that I knew wouldn't return, and even the ones that would, but the fear of missing them and never seeing them again was overwhelming last summer. This summer was different. Although I did shed a massive amount of tears for the amazing friends and co-counselors at the end of the night, I shed tears for my campers this summer.

Throughout the past 7 weeks, I created a bond with a group of 13 year old girls I don't think could ever be replicated.

So here it is, one last photo dump from this summer before I transition into my normal blogging schedule and life!

Day off adventure in Boston

Selfies are a must of nights off

I'm literally obsessed with the Berkshires

13 year old girls LOVE selfies

Like LOVE them

Did I mention they like selfies?

Got paid to go to the Cape Cod Chip Factory

And water parks

And Nauset Beach

The Sub Senior Staff of 2014

It's a tradition to decorate a rock in the camp colors and add them to the rock pile in the campfire area after the candlelight ceremony on banquet night.

My campers are absolutely beautiful

Like, GORGEOUS

Can they stop growing up?

I'm so lucky to call this guy one of my best friends.

These two have been there since our first day of camp in 2013. I'm so glad I got to spend another summer with them

selfiez for dayz during banquet

Sub Senior Girls and Staff 2014 <3

love this guy

One last selfie on the way to the airport :(
I cannot put into words what this summer did for me in terms of growing and experience and just being all around life changing. The transition back into the real world is one I'm not looking forward to, but I am so grateful I have all these memories to get me through the next 10 months. As the campers say, I'm living 10 for 2.

 photo signature-1.png

No comments:

Post a Comment