Image Map

Saturday, August 2, 2014

I love my job!

After graduating college, I questioned sometimes if I chose the right career path and if I would be successful or if I would still love my job 25 years from now. After recently accepting a job in Texas (mind you, that's ACROSS the country from all my friends and families) I really started to second guess my life path. Then I received the reminder I was so desperately searching for that I did indeed chose the correct path.

My first reminder was just last week. As part of my outdoor education program I co-head at camp, we took a camping trip to Mount Greylock State Reservation which is the highest point in not only the Berkshires, but also Massachusetts. 5 staff took 18 kids from 7-13 to do a one night overnight on the top of this beautiful mountain. It was not easy, it was actually quite stressful. Who would have thought 7 and 8 year olds are needy?! But it was flawless and the kids had an amazing time.







My second reminder came just a few days later. I was given an extra night off because my exceptional work with the kids. Just when I thought that I was running out of steam to finish out the last two weeks of camp the way I started them, I got a compliment like this. All the campers also had a meeting with the director and head of girls camp and I was given exceptionally high rankings and endless compliments about my enthusiasm and love for the camp and the campers. That is the greatest reward of all. When you're told you are good at what you love and are making a difference in someone's life; that's the best compliment of all.

With how well the past weeks have been going at camp, I can't wait to start my new adventure in Texas! I know that I've chosen the right path for me and I feel ready to start this new chapter in my life.


 photo signature-1.png


1 comment:

  1. That's so exciting!!! I'm so happy that you found a place in which you are happy! I can't imagine how hard that transition is, but it's awesome to be able to move through it! Congrats!

    ReplyDelete