Image Map

Sunday, March 2, 2014

What to do when your Best Friend gets Engaged!

So my best friend and I have known each other since we were nine years old. We met at Girl Scout camp way back when and became instant friends and I'm at the point in my life where I literally don't know what I would do without her. 
I got a call this morning that I had been waiting for for about a week now. It was a "guess what just happened!" followed by "look at the text I just sent you!" it was a picture of a ring. I instantly couldn't hold back the tears. But then I thought "what do you do when your best friend gets engaged?!" so I have compiled 11 things that happen when your best friend gets engaged.

1. You cry. Are they tears of joy or tears of fear because you slowly start to realize you are indeed forever alone?

2. drink

3. Realize you will probably have to give some sort of speech, seeing as you've known each other a majority of your lives.

4. drink


5. Every time you go to assist your best friend in any wedding planning:

6. drink


7. But don't worry, between all the bridal showers, bachelorette parties, and wedding showers, you will get plenty of reminders just how single you really are.

8. But with all these parties, there's still really only two things on your mind: 

9. With all the socializing with the rest of the wedding party and guests, you really just have one thought to all your best friends more successful friends and family

10. And with that, you hit the open bar and dance the night away

11. Because after all, it is your best friends big day and no matter what, you've always got each other.


So here's to my best friend, I'm so happy for you and I love you more than I could ever say. So here is to a wonderful wedding and the start of your happily ever after <3


 photo signature.png

1 comment: