Image Map

Monday, March 31, 2014

Bare and Beautiful

I've been slightly MIA from the blog world as of recently, but I swear I have a good reason. (at least that's what I tell myself) Along with the ever approaching graduation, two photographer friends and I have decided to do a collaborative project. It has been interesting and exciting, and I believe the end product will be absolutely incredible. But seriously, you should check these girls' photography out. Meg and Kailagh are both absolutely incredible!

Our project was called The Bare and Beautiful Project. We've spent the past month or so photographing and interviewing women we go to school with. We asked them 5 simple questions:

  1. What does natural beauty mean to you?
  2. What do you like and dislike about yourself?
  3. What has media done to the perception of beauty?
  4. When did you realize beauty was a social construction?
  5. What are your thoughts of beauty in the media?
  6. What do you find beautiful in others?
Not only was it absolutely incredible to hear all these women's answers, but we also got them to get as "bare" as they were comfortable too. For some it meant no make up, and others got quite bare. It was inspiring and beautiful to see these women, some who I'm friends with and some strangers and see them talk about their bodies and be able to photograph their insecurities and show them how beautiful they really are.

We were also able to interview some men on campus about how they perceive beauty in the media which was also eye opening and incredible.

Our final project is being presented this Wednesday (SO SOON!) We are having an open gallery in our student center with a few prints and a running slideshow of all the photos we took along with presenting our mini documentary. It has been a wonderful experience to work with these two other ladies and put this all together. To celebrate how excited I am, here are some pictures as a teaser for the project!







If you like my photography and want to see more, go check out my Facebook page by clicking here!

 photo signature-1.png

1 comment:

  1. This sounds like an incredible project! I'd be interested in knowing some of their answers! I think that the media really messes with our mind and what beauty really is and we tend to feel not as beautiful when we look at the models and stars. I think this is a fantastic idea.

    ReplyDelete