Image Map

Thursday, February 6, 2014

21 Years Wiser

I recently saw a post on Pinterest that was "21 Suggestions For Success" and I read them and I started thinking about all the things I've learned in my short 21 years on the planet. And I realized, I've been through what felt like hell and back a few times and realized, I may not have suggestions for success, but I have a few things that I like to keep in mind on a daily basis. I don't know if these thoughts make me wiser or more successful, or really in any place to give advice, but throughout life, these are the collections I've made of quotes, advice, and mantras that I keep with me.
  1. Take responsibility. In the end, it's you who has control of your life, if you were wrong, say so, if you made a mistake, address it. Own up, apologize, and move on.
  2. Be honest. Be honest with yourself, be honest with others, lies always catch up with you. Don't get caught in one. You don't have to worry about keeping your stories straight if you tell the truth.
  3. Quit dwelling on the negative.
  4. If you love someone, tell them. Life is too short to hold it in.
  5. If you can't be happy, you can at least be drunk.
  6. Be strong enough to let go and patient enough to wait.
  7. Do epic shit.
  8. Forget all the reasons why something won't work and believe in the one reason it will.
  9. You'll never really truly know someone until you talk to them at 4 am.
  10. Never let ANYONE dull your sparkle!
  11. Surround yourself with the dreamers and the doers, the believers and thinkers, but most of all, surround yourself who see greatness within you even when you don't see it yourself.
  12. You were born with the ability to change someone's life. Don't ever waste it.
  13. Don't forget to explore.
  14. Hold your head high and your middle finger higher.
  15. Whether you think you can or you can't, you're right.
I think too often we forget how absolutely magnificent we are. I also, through my pinterest obsession, pulled 10 of my favorite quotes. if you want more, be sure to go check out my Pinterest!


How I Met Your Mother is literally one of my favorite shows




I absolutely love quotes, my bedroom wall growing up was covered in them, and my Pinterest board of quotes probably has the most pins. Do you have any quotes that really stick out to you?


No comments:

Post a Comment